Thursday, August 27, 2009

Disappointment etc.

Well, it seems I never made it past the finalist selection in a couple of places, that tends to be disappointing, but we move on and keep creating. I don't expect that I'll really get a lot of recognition, I always seem to be good, but not good enough. I know I need to get out and shoot/draw/paint more, and after my student teaching I really want to try, I also want to get some more tools to help improve the quality and impact of my work, both software and hardware wise. I also have to keep reminding myself that art and how well it fares is completely subjective, and I'll be pretty happy to find a teaching job where I can impart passion and skill to even a few kids, pay all my bills and allow us to live comfortably....that's the really important thing, and something I lose track of while trying to be competitive. I have accomplished more than some people ever get the chance to, and if I had just a little more raw talent and/or time to add to the skills I've developed I might actually manage a little more. For this reason alone I am looking forward to my grad studies, so I can have that time to work on things that I feel will help give my images just a little more impact, both photographed and drawn

No comments:

Post a Comment