Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yay!!!!

Loneliness was chosen as a finalist in the Photographer's forum, this makes four of my pics to make it into their competition over the past couple of years. This thrills me to no end, shows I have consistently good images, not just by my standards. It would be nice to win even 4th place this year though as we could use the money and being placed in Nikon's emerging photographers hall of fame would be so awesome. I must be improving somewhat as I actually placed second with this photo in the five state, in the people category, not one of my stronger areas, but one I keep striving to work on. Grad school is somewhat intimidating, I go for my initial review after this semester and they will determine if I stay or go. Part of my thesis is to design and print 27 catalogs for the faculty and Graduate school, likely wind up printing 30 or so just to even up the printing and cutting order. That is going to be slightly expensive, as will setting up my thesis show, but I have until Spring 2012 to do that...*phew*...

I have a better show record than most of my fellow students, and others who have graduated with their masters, so I hope that indicates my work is sufficiently good enough quality to mean continued progress. I am shooting lots of sports and other events this semester so I should get the opportunity to capture some interesting things, and I am looking forward to getting into the studio to take some abstract or still life shots and maybe some portraiture. my plug-in software should get here in a day or so and I am looking forward to playing with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment